Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By using and purchasing from our site, you hereby agree to the Terms and Conditions and accept all disclaimers, limitations, and liability expressed within the Terms and Conditions. Under no circumstances is Performance Automotive Lighting responsible for any damage caused to your vehicle, or any injury that may result due to modification and/or improper installation of products purchased from our store. For optimal safety and performance, proper installation and proper use of all products must be followed. Use of products purchased from our store are to be used at your own risk. Modification to the lighting on your vehicle can potentially affect compliance with regulatory laws governing vehicle lighting in your state or country, therefore all products sold and manufactured by Performance Automotive Lighting are designed for off-road use only.
Performance Automotive Lighting is under no circumstances held liable for denial of warranty service by the automobile manufacturer, dealer, or third party warranty issuer. The individual associated to the warranty all carries responsibility for any denial of warranty service or damage to vehicle, even if the denial or damage is directly resultant of products, services, or information sold or provided by Performance Automotive Lighting
Performance Automotive Lighting reserves the right to correct any errors in pricing at any time without prior notice. We also reserve the right to correct, update, cancel or refuse to accept any order placed based on incorrect pricing or availability information.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping - All products purchased from Performance Automotive Lighting are giving a tracking number once the order has shipped and are insured through the carrier, included within total shipping costs. All orders are fulfilled within 1-3 business days of being placed, however this may be extended during peak seasons or holidays. Some products purchased from our store may require additional manufacturing lead time, which will receive additional communication regarding expected fulfillment.
Occasionally parts ordered through our site are shipped directly from the manufacturer, which may result in multiple packages arriving for a single order. In this case, tracking numbers for each package will be provided once orders are fulfilled.
Lost Packages – if tracking information shows that the package has been delivered and you have not received your package, you must notify the carrier immediately and notify us within 21 days of the marked delivery date so we can work with the carrier on recovering the package. Please note that this is generally the policy of the carrier and that credit is not always issues by the carrier until the process is complete. Unless insurance is selected at checkout, replacement parts or refunds will not be processed until the carrier approves the claim.
Product Returns - Performance Automotive Lighting is not responsible for return postage unless the return is required due to our mistake, in which case a pre-paid label will be provided. Due to the nature of many of the products sold on our site, we do not accept returns or exchanges on custom parts, un-sealed HID bulbs, used/installed products, or items purchased from our clearance section. Select returns are subject to restocking fees, outlined below.
Perfect condition (Unopened & like-new) = 90% refund or 100% store credit.
Re-conditioned (Packaging opened or damaged) = 80% refund or 90% store credit.
Inability to restock (Product & packaging both damaged) = 70% refund or 80% store credit.
Custom Build Cancellations - Orders that are requested to be cancelled before the build is complete are subject to a 25% cancellation fee, based on the total of the build This fee is used to compensate for parts that are ordered for the build and time/labor spent on the project prior to cancellation. If an order is cancelled and the build has been started, customer is responsible for paying the 25% cancellation fee as well as for the work has been done determined by Performance Automotive Lighting
Exchanges – We are happy to exchange parts that are in like-new condition with original packaging, as long as exchanges are made within 60 days of the original purchase date. If you wish to exchange a product that is not in like-new condition, we reserve the right to deny an exchange or provide partial store credit towards your new items.
Please refer to product listings for specific warranty information, as items/brands all vary. Warranties are all non-transferable and only apply to the original buyer. If you believe you have a defective part that is under warranty, please follow all troubleshooting procedures, noted below.
Switch components from side to side in order to isolate the issue
Bulbs/Ballasts – bulbs should be tested first, then ballasts once confirmed bulbs are not defective.
After troubleshooting and a failed component has been identified, please contact us for the next step for your warranty replacement.
Products must be purchased through Performance Automotive Lighting in order to receive your warranty replacement. Products are always covered under their respective manufacturer warranty period, however, even though a product may be under warranty, the labor associated with the replacement of the product is subject to a case-by-case determination for charges.
Product& Services Warranty
Any vehicle that Performance Automotive Lighting installs products on will carry a 30 day warranty. Products installed must be purchased from Performance Automotive Lighting in some capacity. Products purchased elsewhere will not have an installation warranty or an individual product warranty covered by Performance Automotive Lighting. Warranty for products installed will be covered by that individual product's warranty. please reference the above warranty terms. The labor associated with an installation/replacement of a component is not covered and will be considered billable hours.
All products related to a HID system including, bulbs, ballasts, harnessing, and other various key components are covered by a minimum 2-year warranty. All products including HID products must be purchased through Performance Automotive Lighting in order for warranty replacements to be issued. if products are purchased elsewhere, the customer will assume the duty of warranty replacements.
Projector Retrofit Craftsmanship Warranty
Projector conversions carry a 3 year Craftsmanship Warranty which covers flaw or defects directly related to the retrofit conversion performed by Performance Automotive lighting. Shipping to Performance Automotive Lighting for warranty work will not be covered under warranty. Return shipping to the customer is covered. A return shipping label will be provided once the warranty work is complete. There are cases where headlights, especially non-oem housings, have flaws where alignment is affected despite the projector aiming correctly during test phase. Certain mounting points, reflector bowls, and oem projector bolting points may differ slightly which calls for one-off processes. With that being said, we cannot guarantee 100% of the time that a perfectly aligned output will be achieved. However, if such a case were to happen, our warranty will cover the work to remedy the issue. When the job calls for it, we open every housing, aim the stock beam pattern, and match the exact output pattern with the aftermarket or second hand light source being fitted to the lamp. This assures the alignment matches as close as possible to the stock pattern.
Condensation is typical with almost every light. It is a physical reaction with dissimilar inside and outside temperatures. We cannot guarantee that a resealed, or even a new unopened headlight, will not condensate. We take caution when opening and resealing headlights to the best of our ability, but if the headlight has been opened previously by anyone else, the warranty will not apply. If at any point the product that Performance automotive lighting opened and resealed are opened again by any third party or the customer, the warranty is void. Performance Automotive Lighting is not responsible for physical defects causing condensation that were caused by anyone other than Performance Automotive Lighting. Any condensation that occurs during a 1 year period, starting from date of purchase, will be covered by Performance Automotive Lighting if condensation is directly related to work done by Performance Automotive Lighting. If discovered that a rear housing cap has been removed for a given reason, and the resulting effect is condensation, the warranty will not cover the cost to reseal. Shipping costs are to be covered by the customer. All headlights resealed will use new/additional butyl. We use Morimoto RetroRubber butyl sealant. All lights that have existing butyl will have it smoothed out and larger chunks from the lenses removed. If lights are sealed with permaseal, all existing sealant is removed and replaced with butyl.
Angel Eye / Strip / Demon Eye Warranty
Performance Automotive Lighting supplies only high quality and trusted LED powered angel eyes, strips, and demon eyes. However, due to the nature of the environment where these products are installed, they are only covered under the products warranty period. Any related labor to repair or replacement, will be charged directly to the customer. Return shipping will be covered by Performance Automotive Lighting, but we ask the customer to cover shipping to us. All products will be installed using the manufacturers recommended practices. LED drivers will be outside of the headlight housings, or otherwise easily accessible and replaceable.
Due to the sealed environment of a headlight, haze on the inner lenses can form over time; which is not covered under any warranty. All paint jobs done will allow time to off gas and cure. This amount of time is dependent on the type of paint used. The warranty period for painting is 1 year. If any portion of the housing is directly in front of the projector, it is possible that the paint becomes greasy or even bubbles up; which also is not covered under warranty. We will notify the customer in situations of high risk for paint bubble in the presence of high heat caused by projector lens light focusing on the affected area. If the customer does not accept and area to remain unpainted, the risk of paint bubbling is assumed by the customer.
Aftermarket / Non-OEM Headlights Warranty
Craftsmanship warranty is valid for both oem and non-oem housings, but the performance of the housing is not covered by the craftsmanship warranty. Non-oem aftermarket housings often times use lesser quality components. If it is found that the non-oem nature of the housing directly causes a failure in the build, the warranty will not apply. We determine the warranty claim on a per case basis. When we source headlights for the customer we use our experience to select the best option for aftermarket housings. If the customer sources aftermarket headlights it is highly recommended that they consult us, as we cannot guarantee the quality of some brands.
Standard labor rate will apply to fix the issue, and shipping costs will not fall onto Performance automotive lighting. If at any point the lens starts to oxidize, the customer assumes responsibility. Aftermarket lenses, especially in lesser brands, tend to not have the same quality coating/plastic which causes a quicker oxidation window. Performance automotive lighting recommends treating all headlight housings like vehicle paint which means always keep a surface coating applied to headlight lenses. Wax, synthetic wax sealant, or even a ceramic coating is recommended. Laminated lenses is also an acceptable solution. Wax and sealant are products that can be applied immediately after housings are resealed. Ceramic coating and laminated products are not applied by Performance Automotive Lighting.
Permanently Sealed Headlights - Assumption of Risk
Some automotive headlights use a permanent sealant between the front clear lens and the back housing to create a permanent bond. This bond provides superior protection against water and debris from entering. However, when it comes to separating the lens from the back housing it creates certain risks that we would like you to be aware of.
The temperatures and the number of times that the headlight is baked is increased to loosen the permanent sealant. This usually requires several rounds in the oven to separate the lens from the back housing. Once separated, the back housing and front lens housing need to go individually to soften the remainder of the sealant. Once the original sealant is fully removed, it is then replaced with our high quality Morimoto RetroRubber butyl sealant.
Due to the strength of the original bond, along with the increased times and temperatures the lights are heated at, some risks are present:
-Edges of the back housing and front clear lens cover may have additional pry marks
-Mounting tabs may tear
-Amber reflectors may become deformed
-Micro-fractures may occur in the front clear lens cover on low quality lenses due to increased temperatures
-Screws may be used to around the housing to hold the lens cover tight to the back housing of the headlight. *Usually necessary in order to keep water and debris from entering the headlight.
By providing Performance Automotive Lighting with permanently sealed headlight housings, you assume all risks stated above.
Important Shipping Information
When shipping products to Performance Automotive Lighting for services, please reference the below:
1) Include all rubber boots that go around the bulb openings in the rear of the head lamps. These will be used to ensure a good seal around the plug, bulb, or socket. If you do not have these caps, you risk having debris and possibly condensation inside the lights if water gets inside.
2) Include all bulbs whenever possible to seal the lamps for return shipping.
3) Protect the outer lenses of the housings; never let them rub on the bottom of the box, Believe it or not cardboard will scratch them. Best bet is to wrap the lights in plastic wrap or put a garbage bag around them to keep dirt off them.
3) We highly recommend using bubble wrap going around each housing at least twice and still padding the box very, very well.
4) Pad the tabs if needed. The mounting tabs and corners are the things that will break if not padded, especially tabs protruding from corners.
Key Notes (from experience):
a) if the housings can move in the box then it could break
b) if a tab is touching the side of the box it can break off
c) if part of the light is touching the side of the box, the conversion can be damaged
5) Once placed into your box, bolster the area between the housings and the box walls with smaller boxes, folded boxes/triangles of cardboard, or broken up Styrofoam. This will prevent any box crushing from touching the lamps inside. Do not rely solely on packing peanuts to protect the housings, they will settle during shipment and leave the lamps vulnerable.
6) It is our experience that UPS ground is the most cost effective and safest shipping option for your head lamps. UPS ground is mostly handled by actual employees. UPS also places much more responsibility on packages insured for $1000 or more, a nominal cost for safety. In most cases we encourage you to place at least $1000 insurance on your housings when sending them to us. This ensures ample coverage should the worst ever happen.
7) Include a description as to the specific details of your retrofit in the spaces provided below. Please print this form out and include it with your shipment. Details sometimes get missed through email or phone correspondence, it is very important we get this right for you the first time.
The customer is responsible for any and all items shipped to Performance Automotive Lighting. If we determine damaged was caused by transit, any and all craftsmanship warranty is voided if the product is still usable and we move forward with the services.
By emailing us with tracking information for any products sent in, you are agreeing to provide satisfactory products. if at any time we determine products are unusable, the customer is responsible for return shipping.
- Be 18 years or older (19 years or older in Alabama or if you’re a ward of the state in Nebraska).
- Not be a resident of Iowa (IA) or West Virginia (WV).
- Provide a valid U.S. or APO/FPO/DPO home address.
- Provide a valid U.S. mobile or VoIP number and agree to receive SMS text messages. The phone account must be registered in your name.
- Provide your full name, email address, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your social security number to help us verify your identity.
- At checkout, choose Pay with Affirm.
- Affirm prompts you to enter a few pieces of information: Name, email, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number. This information must be consistent and your own.
- To ensure that you’re the person making the purchase, Affirm sends a text message to your cell phone with a unique authorization code.
- Enter the authorization code into the application form. Within a few seconds, Affirm notifies you of the loan amount you’re approved for, the interest rate, and the number of months you have to pay off your loan. You have the option to pay off your loan over three, six, or twelve months. Affirm states the amount of your fixed, monthly payments and the total amount of interest you’ll pay over the course of the loan.
- To accept Affirm’s financing offer, click Confirm Loan and you’re done.
- Affirm asks for a few pieces of personal information: Name, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number.
- Affirm verifies your identity with this information and makes an instant loan decision.
- Affirm bases its loan decision not only on your credit score, but also on several other data points. This means that you may be able to obtain financing from Affirm even if don’t have an extensive credit history.
- Go to www.affirm.com/account.
- Enter your mobile phone number. Affirm sends a personalized security PIN to your phone.
- Enter this security PIN into the form on the next page and click Sign in.
- After you sign in, a list of your loans appears, with payments that are coming due. Click the loan payment you would like to make.
- Make a payment using a debit card or ACH bank transfer.